[What Is It?] [Join Exit 75] [Archives]

Re: [Exit 75] Pre-sale SF and LA tickets sold out?

From: earthsis@spindle.net (earthsis@spindle.net)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:37:55 -0600
Subject: Re: [Exit 75] Pre-sale SF and LA tickets sold out?
To: exit75@torithoughts.org

I agree with the limited ticket theory, Kevin.  I don't think many tickets
were available in the first place. I didn't see any available tickets for the
Dallas venue in an hour. At around an hour and fifteen minutes, I began to
get a blank page with a gray box titled "Error". I thought it was a glitch,
so I continued reloading for a bit, then starting over from the beginning
link from the official site email. That's when I was lead a to link which
told me the outlet was sold out. This site didn't even have the right code to
announce that it was sold out. I'm astonished at the disorganization of all
this.

I do know of at least three people who got tickets for the Dallas venue. I
think they each got pairs of tickets. But I know a lot more people who
*didn't* get tickets. I'm thinking they didn't have that many available to
begin with and I'm wondering why this was so hyped and marketed to Tori fans
if they weren't prepared to handle the demand.

I really don't feel like going through all this again on Saturday, but at
least with Ticketmaster, I haven't had any major glitches (knock on wood) and
when an event is sold out, they tell me so. I know traffic will be heavy
since so many tried today unsuccessfully, but I feel they're more equipped to
handle it than what we saw today.

Drained & Disappointed near Dallas,
Angela